On November 7, 2010 we had the privilege of blessing Nicholas in church. Zac, along with Great Grandpa Brian Dudley, Grandpa Scott Erickson, Grandpa Bruce Fawns, Uncle Kevin Dudley, Tyler Dudley, and Bishop Greg Peterson stood in the circle. Zac gave Nicholas a wonderful blessing. I don't want to go into to many details of it because it is pretty special but I will mention one that really impressed, and stood out to me. Nicholas was blessed with humor and the ability to lighten others loads with smile and laughter. I can already see this being a blessing in our lives. There have been some nights when I am struggling getting Nicholas down for the night. It will be late, I'm tired and just about at breaking point when I will look down and Nicholas will give me the biggest smile ever. It just gives me the little boost I need to get through the night. Nicholas has already been a huge blessing in our lives and we love him so much!!

Following church we had our families over to our house for lunch. I cooked a ham, my mom made buns, Susie made funeral potatoes, and everyone else brought a salad or squares. It was a pretty awesome meal. We were expecting about 30 people but unfortunately a lot could not make it. The people who were here were: Zac, Hilary, Nicholas, Scott, Susie, Max, Amy, Marolee, Del, Great Grandma & Grandpa Dudley, Kevin, Monette, Brooke, Carson, Tyler and Erin. It was a really wonderful day, and we are so thankful for the support of family. We wished that more of my family could have made it but we know that they were thinking of us that day!
Nicholas was so well behaved that day, which was awesome, because there were a lot of people and noise.
Here are some pictures from that day. Nicholas was blessed wearing the same outfit that my nephew Mac wore at our wedding. It was a little big, but Nick looked pretty handsome!!
1 comment:
What a cutie! He does look so handsome. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!
Post a Comment