Zac and I were really busy this summer working!! We didn't do much of anything this summer, it seemed like we had opposite schedules!!
We did however manage to get away at the end of June beginning of July for a little Waterton Family Reunion. It was really nice to get together with all of Zac's family!! What we did when we were there was 1) eat ice cream everyday, 2) hiked Wall Lake all 35 of us!! The only people who were missing were Tyler and Erin, Matt, Shannon, and their two boys, and the two missionaries Chase and Payton. It was a pretty fun hike!! While at Wall lake some brave souls decided to cliff jump!! The water was so cold that there was still big chunks of ice floating around!! 3) I got to read a book 4) sit in the sun at Emerald Bay 5) catch up on sleep 6) just plain relax!! and 7) eat alot of good cooking!!! 8) While everyone else went up Bears Hump Zac, Scott, Ashley, and I decided to do Blackiston Falls!! It was a good decision!!
We didnt get away again until the middle of August when we went to my family reunion!! It was fun to play cards, eat, and visit with all of the cousins!! Unfortunately, I dont have any pictures from that weekend!
Finally the end of August Zac and I got to go on a holiday!! We started off going to Drumheller, where we camped for two nights!! While we were there we hit up the Royal Tyrrel Museum, and went for a ride on the Ferry boat (haha, what a joke)!! It was so nice to spend some time together and not have to worry about anything!!
On Friday we packed up and headed to Edmonton!! We stayed at Rainbow Valley campgroup, which was not the best of spots!! It was nice because we didn't spend much time at the campsite, but was not very sheltered, and was very dirty!! We did, however, still have a lot of fun. On Friday evening we went out for dinner with my brother-in-law and my niece at Red Robin!! Which was the hole point of going to Edmonton!! I had been craving it for a long time!! Then we went shopping at West Ed. and managed to find Zac and I each a pair of shoes!! The next day we went swimming at the Water Park!! I don't think that I have had that much fun in a long time!! Zac and I were like little kids again!! We went on all the slides at least once and few of them several times!! Zacs favorite slide was the toilet bowl!! He could circle the bowl about 4 times before getting pooped out!! I, on the other hand, could only go around about 2 times (if i was lucky)!! We stayed there for about 3.5 hours!! The next day we sure felt it!! I was so sore...I guess i am not as young as I once was!!
That evening we got to spend some time with Zac's cousin Tyler and his wife Erin. We went to a movie, and then went a chilled at their house. It is always nice to spend time with family. On sunday morning we packed up all of your camping stuff and headed home!! It was so fun to go camping and on a vacation, but it was nice to get home too!!
We are now back to the grind of school. I only have one year left, so i can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! I am really excited to be finished!! So far my semester has been pretty good, I think that it will go by fast! Zac is also enjoying his classes!! WE are looking forward to Thanksgiving so that we can have a day off together!!
1 comment:
I love you!!! This was such an awesome trip! We need to do more! :)
Post a Comment