This past weekend was Thanksgiving Day. Zac and I spent the weekend out in Raymond at his parents house. On Saturday night we went to my moms house and had dinner with her, Del, my cousin Heather, and my brother Tim. My mom cooked up a ham and all of the fixings. It was really good food, and also a good visit with my mom and Heather. My mom was a way of 2 weeks so it was the first time that i had visited with her since she got back. My cousin Heather thinks that i fell of the edge of the world since i got married, so i havent visited with her in a while!! Actually I think that she fell of the edge because she moved to Arrowwood!!! ha!
On Sunday we went to Grandpa and Grandma Dudleys house and had an awesome dinner there with Scott and Susie's family, and also Kevin and Monette's family. It is always fun to hang out with all of the cousins. After dinner I went to work and while I was gone Zac and some others decided that we should have a contest to see who can lose the most weight between now and Christmas. We all had to weigh in, and then an the 21st of December we are all going to weigh in again!! You have to pay $20 to be in the contest, but if you win then you get the money!!
Any way back to the dinner on Sunday...Payton decided that it would be a good idea if we all went around the room and said something that we were thankful for. Thanks Payton!! Just jokes!! It was actually a good idea!! One of Grandpa Dudley's friend was there and when we got to him he said something really fun. He said " That he was thankful for all the beautiful faces in the room, and that we were all here because Brian loved Diane." We all had a chuckle over that, and thought that we should make a sign that said ".....Because Brian loved Diane"!!
Well while I am on a roll i am going to make a quick list of the things that I am thankful for!!
1. I am so thankful for Zac!! I love him so much!! He makes me so happy!! I am so glad that I am able to spend my life with a man who makes me laugh everyday...even if it is at myself!!
2. I am thankful for families!! Both Zac's and mine!!
3. I am thankful that Zac's family live close to us!! All of my family lives so far away, so that has made me more appreciative to have Zac's family close!
4. I am thankful for the gospel.
5. I am thankful for temples.
6. I am thankful for the country that I live in. For the rights and freedoms that we have.
7. I am thankful for the opportunity that i have to go to school, and pursue something that i love!!
8. I am thankful for both Zac's and my health.
9. and so many, many more!!
I am sorry that this is a long blog, and that there aren't any pictures, but i dont have any!! :( I need to start taking the camera places or robbing some from Susie!!
4 comments:
hil! who even knew you had a blog? i love it.
ok I updated my blog...are you happy now? just kidding. I think you should get Billie to make a sign for Christmas, you know its coming right along!!
ya really! cool! you blog too!
Fell off the edge of the world!! I think that's a bit extreme!! Just because we don't have time to see each other ever anymore! We just need to find time for some cards/games over Christmas!!! And now that you'll be in Raymond maybe I'll see you more when I come to visit!! OR, you could always come to visit in Arrowwood!!!
Post a Comment