We are so grateful for all of the familys support, prayers, and love sent our way. Zac and I held it together at the hospital and didn't cry once! Which was a huge blessing consider how freaked out I was on the inside, and the huge wreck I was the night before!!
The children's hospital was definitely the place to be. They really care for the family along with the patient. Just some of the cool features that they had were a tv screen in the waiting room that had your child's initials with the surgeons name all listed and color coded. You could tell were your child was based on the color. Nick waited in pre op for a while but we could see that so we werent freaking out when he was in there longer than expected. It also shows when the surgery is done and they are going to recovery. We then waited in that room for the surgeon to come tell us how every thing went. dr. Beaudry was an awesome doctor and put mine and zacs concerns at rest. He also sat down on a chair and looked us straight in the face when talking to us. Which might sound like a silly think to notice but it impressed me!! the doctor also commented on how big the hernia was, so im really glad that we pushed our family doctor and got a referral. Another feature they have at the hospital is a beeper system ( like what some restaurants have) that flashes and buzzes when your child is done in recovery and heading back to their room. That way we were able to be back in the room before nick was.
Even though this experience was pretty stressful I'm so grateful that we were able to get it done and at an amazing hospital. It was a pretty exhausting day, we had to be at the hospital at 700am. But because everything went as planned with no complication we were out of there by 1200.
Nick bounced back and was his usually self the next day. There were only a couple times when myself and Zac got playing to rough with him and he let out a really sad cry. We both felt so bad. But luckily he was fine. Here are some pictures of him the day of surgery. I would put up before and afters of his hernia but because of location it shows his goods so I will refrain!!!

Nick patiently waiting before surgery. I laughed at the pink pants and Zac said they were pinky orange. Which to me is salmon, which is still pink!!!

Nick after surgery. They gave him a caudal which is kinda like an epidural that's helps with the pain during and after surgery. It is suppose to take 4-6 hrs before they have control of their legs and pee. Haha!! Nick was kicking and rolling over before we left the hospital! The towel on his foot is where is iv site was so they put the towel on there o protect it. Nick was rubbing his other foot on it trying to get it off it was funny. The phone case, which is in both pictures is his favorite toy. Haha!! He chews like crazy on it. I guess I won't be getting it back any time soon.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment